08 January 2011

It's Okay to Wine a Little

Lately my husband and I have started drinking wine. We have been trying different types of wine and experimenting with pairing different types of wine with different foods. When you first start drinking wine it can be very intimidating. It seems like there are a lot of rules. You always see people on TV swirling the wine around in their glasses and then taking in the aroma of the wine before they put it to their lips. That's nice, but I do not think I am there yet. I am all about simplicity. I want something affordable, has good flavor, and pairs well with whatever I am eating. One of the wines I found recently does all of that. The wine is call Mad Housewife. The wine's label first grabbed my eye. There is a picture of a stylish looking housewife beckoning you to give it a try. Not only is the label eye catching, but they were selling it at my local wine store for only $6.49...perfect!!! The last thing that grabbed my attention was that there was a little flag that the wine store had posted on the display that said the wine had won lots of awards...that is a plus. At that price, I could not pass it up and I am glad that I did not. I decided to try the Cabernet Sauvignon because it was the one that won all the awards for its flavor. The first time I tried it was at my book club meeting. It went over very well! The next time I had it was for dinner with my husband. It seems to pair well with a variety of different foods. I have paired the wine with spaghetti, spicy pasta, and recently a pork dish. If you have just started drinking wine, or would just love to have a great priced weeknight wine, I highly recommend Mad Housewife. Also..I love their philosophy:

"Above all else, wine should be fun, relaxing, and something you can afford to look forward to at the end of each and every day."



1 comment:

  1. ohhhhh we just put in a wine cellar... you shall have to come share a bottle... no worry.. not very high brow.. favorite wine so far?... Passion Has Red Lips... has a pin up girl on the front of the bottle !

    Maddie

    ReplyDelete