14 September 2009

One thing that I love to do during the summer is go to the beach. I love to hear the sound of the waves, feel the sand between my toes, and just relax. This weekend I got to do just that.

On Friday, my parents,brother, husband,son, and I all loaded up the van and headed south to Tybee Island, GA. It is a favorite beach location for my husband and I. We were able to rent a little beach house just a short distance from the beach and we all had a great time.

My one wish for this year was that I could get up early one morning and take a run down the beach. It would be the first time ever running down the beach, but something I have been dreaming of a lot lately. I soon discovered that fate was against me. During all the hustle and commotion of packing for my the trip we drove off and left my tennis shoes behind. Of course I did not realize this until we were halfway to Atlanta. No big deal, we could just stop at a Wal-Mart along the way and get a cheap pair for that one morning. Well, little did I know, but there would be some more obstacles to overcome. We never actually stopped at a Wal-Mart along the way. After arriving at the beach house my husband and I had to drive about ten minutes back in to town to a Wal-Mart near Tybee. We were both tired and ready to be on the beach instead of running around doing errands. I grabbed a pair of cheap tennis shoes and we quickly checked out with a few other items we had to pick up for the house. Finally, I had my shoes and I was ready to relax on the beach. The next morning when I woke up early for my long awaited run I searched high and low for the tennis shoes I had bought the night before. With much discouragement I woke up my husband to tell him that somehow we had left the tennis shoes at Wal-Mart. By this time my husband was frustrated and no longer cared if my dream of running down the beach actually happened on this trip. Still, he knew how important it was to me and promised that later he would go back for the forgotten shoes. I was definitely disappointed, but I tried not to let in ruin my day. True to his word, my husband set off later that afternoon to retrieve the forgotten shoes. He had no problems and the shoes finally made it to the beach house. So, the next morning I dressed in some comfortable running clothes, put on my new shoes, started my new MP3 player and started off down the beach. It was beautiful, it was awesome, it was still work, but I loved every minute of it. I am so thankful that my husband was so patient with me to help make my dream a reality. The next part of the dream is that someday my son will go running down the beach with me. Here is a picture of the view I had while I was running....

No comments:

Post a Comment