10 September 2009

Deceptively Delicious Pt. 2

The first recipe I tried from my new cook book Deceptively Delicious turned out great! I took some of my deceptive cookies to work with me and they were gone by lunch time. My coworkers unknowingly gobbled down my cookies.

The next recipe I decided to try was the meatloaf. The meatloaf's secret ingredient was carrots. I will have to admit that pureeing carrots is not an easy task. I did figure out that the more water you add to the blender the easier it is to get the carrots to the right consistency. This is how my first puree went...










The outcome was okay. My brother, who never eats anything healthy said that he liked this meatloaf better than regular meatloaf. He did not know about the carrot puree. My 1 year old son did not much care for it and he is the one that matters in these experiments. So, I don't think we will be adding this one to our weekly menu, but it will definitely be in the rotation somewhere. I think it will be a good recipe to pull out in the winter. I think that I could also improve a little on the recipe if I am able to practice a few times. I will definitely keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. When I make carrot baby food, I bake the carrots in foil. It's suppose to make the carrots sweeter. Then I puree them. Just thought I'd share since you were talking about carrot puree. Still havent had a chance to make anything, but still hoping to soon...

    ReplyDelete