07 September 2009

Deceptively Delicious Pt. 1

During my last book club we were discussing our children's eating habits with the book Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld came up. The concept of the book is great. The book teaches you how to puree a bunch of vegetables, like carrots, broccoli and cauliflower, and then sneak them into your kids favorite recipes.

Yesterday my husband and I went shopping and I came across the book and just could not resist picking it up. I thought it would be great to try out on my family. My son is just now to the point of developing a real taste for human food and it is a perfect time for me to be able to train his tastes in the RIGHT way.

So, I bought the book and invited my mom over to try the first recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookies with the secret ingredient of Chick Peas. Here is how it turned out!



The Ingredients



The Batter



The End Result...Yum!

They turned out great. My mom, my dad, my son, and my husband all tried them with no complaints. I just want to see how they hold up until tomorrow. I think I will take a bunch to work to feed to unexpecting co-workers.

Stay tuned for part two of Deceptively Delicious Post. I am making the Meatloaf tonight!

1 comment:

  1. yay! You got the book! I have had it for a year, and still havent actually made anything from it. You've inspired me...I need to make something this week!

    ReplyDelete