21 January 2012

Zumba Fever

My second blog in two days...I must be on a roll! Or maybe I am finally just feeling better after a couple of weeks of all day nausea. Whatever it is I am excited to be sharing with you my favorite exercise class. I discovered it in the summer at my local Y. The class is both fun, challenging and keeps me on my toes. So what is this amazing exercise class that I speak of? Well, it's Zumba.

Zumba is awesome! The great thing about Zumba is that you can work at your own level. The moves are easily modified for beginners while at the same time can also be done at different levels to increase the difficulty. Here is a definition from the Zumba Fitness website of exactly what it is:

"Zumba Fitness® is the only Latin-inspired dance-fitness program that blends red-hot international music, created byGrammy Award-winning producers, and contagious steps to form a "fitness-party" that is downright addictive.

Since its inception in 2001, the Zumba program has grown to become the world's largest – and most successful – dance-fitness program with more than 12 million people of all shapes, sizes and ages taking weekly Zumba classes in over 110,000 locations across more than 125 countries."

I cannot get enough of this class. I LOVE dancing and it is a great time for me to get in there and shake what the good Lord gave me while, at the same time, getting an excellent workout. Another awesome thing about Zumba is that because it is so popular right now you don't have to go to the gym for a class. If you do not feel confident enough to shake your booty in public you can purchase a DVD or even watch videos online and do it in the privacy of your own home. There is even a  Zumba game for the Wii. 

So if you want a fun and challenging workout you should definitely give Zumba a try. I did and now I am thinking about becoming an instructor. I am also excited that this is a class I can continue to take throughout my pregnancy. The cold weather has put a halt to my running routine, but just knowing that I can wake up on Saturday and go to Zumba helps me to stay on track with my fitness.  

Here is a link to the Zumba Fitness website to find out more http://www.zumba.com/en-US/

Have Fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think you could become an instructor. Would be a way to make extra money. I believe in you. I enjoyed Zumba and need to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete