29 January 2011

An opportunity at the CIM!

I work as a receptionist at the Center For Integrative Medicine. The Center For Integrative Medicine, or CIM, is a primary care physicians office that also provides alternative forms of therapy to offer a more holistic approach to medicine.The CIM's mission is to provide a healing oriented medical practice with a focus on the whole person.  I am proud to be employed by a company who seeks to help patients achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle!

This February will mark my 6th year of employment for the CIM . My 6 years have been a roller coaster of rewarding moments and difficult challenges. One of those rewarding moments came just this week when our Nutritionist, Patrick Wortman, asked me to write a column for our monthly newsletter. I was very flattered that he would even think of me. He asked me to write a column about the challenges I face when it comes to nutrition and parenting. I think it is a great idea for a column. Three years and 50lbs ago nutrition was the least of my worries, but now, it is a HUGE part of my daily life. Nutrition is something I think about at every meal, every grocery store trip, and every time I go out to eat. The process of learning to live a healthier, more nutritious life has not been an easy journey, but it gets easier every day. Hopefully, through the column at my job, I will be able to encourage and offer advice to other parents who are struggling to make healthy decisions for their families.

 I am supposed to be preparing for my very first column to be published in March's newsletter. I would love to hear from anyone reading this about any of the challenges you face when shopping, cooking, meal planning, and even eating out as a family. Are there any specific concerns/questions you have about current nutritional information? Do you have any tips to share with other readers about the healthy decisions you already make for your family?

 Hopefully I will be able to post a link to my first article in about a month! Wish me luck! Oh..and if you are interested...here is a link to our current newsletter.

Have a happy, healthy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment