18 October 2009

Deceptively Delicious Pt. 3- Blueberry Oatmeal Bars

When I started this blog I decided that I was going to make all of the recipes in The Deceptively Delicious cook book and blog about how my family liked them. So far the going is slow due to my busy life but back when I went to the beach I did make another recipe from the book. It is the recipe for the Blueberry Oatmeal Bars. In the recipe it called for low-sugar blueberry preserves and unfortunately I could not find any low-sugar blueberry. I used organic blueberry preserves instead.  The result was tasty! My whole family loved the bars and we ate them the whole weekend while we were at the beach. My son especially liked this treat. This is a recipe that I will definitely make again. Oh...the secret ingredient was spinach! If you are interested in the recipes you will have to go out and buy the book for yourself. I found my at T J Maxx for a really great price! Here are some pics of the final outcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment